Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Love Letter

Can we go like three words backwards? Suck up the words that were too eager to come out and lock them up inside, reserve them for a situation that better deserves them? Perhaps we can rearrange the letters so that they become more appropriate, less conflict-starting words, words that don't lead to the awkward silence that sure enough followed their placement. I think about you all the time. I think about you while my mouth is stuffed with chicken and my tastebuds are exploding with the flavor and deep down I wonder what your flavor would do to my tastebuds. I think about you behind closed eyelids and often think about the things you say to me and the thoughts we exchange and go over them in my mind. I soak up every detail of you that you allow me to and reminisce on every time you've created a smile- which is quite often. Never a sour moment has occurred and I want it to stay like that. I have hope and for a moment, it failed me. My protection sucked me up and when realizing what it had done, gagged on me and spit me up halfway. I've completely slipped out now, although you have not, and I am sure, will not. However, I remain without layers, because although you are not yet sure if I deserve that, (and I don't blame you, move at yourown pace), my heart is burning with trust for you and I am ready to say you deserve it. My guards are on break and they aren't ready to come back. The two left on duty are sleeping in the corner, and for some reason, although you woke them up with alarm momentarily, they're fast asleep again and I have a feeling they'll remain that way. And I'm content with that. Without that daily dose of you to shoot me out to the next galaxy and beyond, I remain bored, lonely and confused on earth. In the stars with you is where I belong. Let's stay out there this time.

R.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment